Rating: 5 stars
Summary from Goodreads:
Backpacking with her high school friends, Erica Lindell’s life takes a thrilling new turn. Meeting the fascinating Sasha Ailes, she can’t help but fall completely and irrevocably in love with him. When he feels the same way about her, Erica finds herself drawn into a fairytale love story that will set her life on a new direction. But Sasha has kept his true identity a secret. Finding out who he really is, Erica must overcome the betrayal and make the hardest choice of her life. Can she give up her own dreams to live in his world, or leave and lose him forever?
First Came Forever is an enchanting, heart-wrenching story about finding true love and the devastating consequences it can lead to. What price is too high to pay, even for love?
While Reading I Recommend:
Tea: I was drinking Chia Tea, and it blended really nice with the warm feels I was getting from the book. Just pick up any kind of chai tea and First Came Forever and you’re set!
Playlist: First Came Forever
First off the cons:
- The only con about this book is that I was left stunned & shocked. Now, desperately need the second book. So, the con is me being impatient, going to have to wait for the second!(:
- I loved the settings of the backpacking adventure in the beginning. It was vivid and just plain beautiful. Honestly, wanted to be Erica Lindell through & through so I could see through her eyes.
- I started reading this after a long day at work. When I started I did not quit reading until I finished in the wee hours of the next morning. (: Bloodshot eyes and exhaustion could not stop me from finishing this story!
- I mean Sasha is a pro alone. There was this beautiful chemistry between him and Erica. That really reminded me of someones, first love. It burns & consumes you with all the new love feels!
- NOW there are some plot twists! And I really enjoyed the thrill of those, I was definitely caught off guard by them. I might have thrown stuff around…I’ll be honest about that!
- There is unrequited love, first love, & true love all wrapped up in this unique book!
- How do I begin to explain how much I love me some Tyler. Which might be an unpopular opinion to some who read this story. BUT I DONT CARE. He deserves the world & certain people in it! I am obsessed with his snarky ass(:
- There are some saucy parts, but they are beautifully written & fit well with the story!
- The characters are very relatable. I related a lot to Erica with her not being big on parties, I also didn’t learn to drive until I was eighteen! So much more than I CAN’T spoil!
- I really just want to go on & on about this contemporary book that blew my mind. However, you have to read for yourself! I promise you will not regret any minute of it!
- Has all the feels!
Would I recommend?
Well, I did rate it a 5, when I finish a book in less than a day & still want more, you’re doing it right!(: If you love contemporary and romance novels, this is for you! BUT I recommend to anyone who wants a YA book(:
*I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Annie Woods. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.*